OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fresh Greens!


Hello everyone! It's another late night blog from the crazy mama! So many people ask me how I come up with ideas, recipes, and stay motivated to eat healthy. I have to confess, I have a little help! A few months ago I found this site www.farmfreshtoyou.com and decided to give it a try and I love it. A few time a month I get a box on my door step full of fresh organic fruits and veggies. It's a great surprise to wake up to a little box that's packed full of in season fruits and veggies that are crazy fresh. It's the little things that make all the difference! I never know what I'm going to get and it really forces me to try new things or foods that I don't usually buy.
Now I know you don't all live in CA, but I really encourage you to do a google search for fresh produce delivery in your area. It's super fun and a great way to get excited about veggies!
It also comes with some great recipes and the nutritional highlights of produce. So here's the recipe that I got today, I can't wait to try it, it looks awesome!
Strawberry Salsa into Avocados
1 or 2 TBSP balsamic or raspberry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno peppers
2 ripe avocados
2 Tbsp chopped roasted walnuts
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 TBSP olive oil 1/2 teaspoon honey
2 Tbsp finely minced red onion
1 pint strawberries, sliced

In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic, onion, and jalapeno.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and combine the strawberries. Peel, halve and pit the avocados
Sppon some strawberry salsa in the avocado hollow and serve on lettuce garnish with walnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment