OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back in action!

Hi Everyone! I had such a great weekend. I spent so much time relaxing with my family. I have to admit, it was really hard for me to get out the house, I was stuck on chill out mode with my family! It’s so easy to get lazy and not get back into your workout and nutrition routine after a long weekend, however I have to use analogy if you get a flat tire you don’t slash the other three tires, instead you fix it and get right back on the road. The same applies if you fall off the nutrition of workout bandwagon!

Here are three tricks to get back on track and off the lazy vacation/weekend mode!

1. Clean out the fridge! Having a nice clean fridge somehow seems to help you want to fill it up with healthy fresh foods.

2. Set up a new or unique workout or activity that you’ve been wanting to try. It’s best to set it up before the long weekend or vacation. Having the prior commitment will make it easy to get moving after a break. Gunter and I went and test drove the StreetStriders. Although this was “work” for me because I was testing it out to be a possible spokes person for the company. But setting the meeting up for first thing Tuesday morning, pure strategic planning! Little did my boys know, they were in for a ride too.


3. Fire up the grill. With your workout complete and your fridge clean and ready to go, now it’s time to fill it with a weeks worth of healthy food. I bought a ton of different veggies, chicken and shrimp, spent 30 mins. chopping then tossed them on the grill with a little seasoning and a spray of olive oil.

Any other ideas on how to get back on track after a lazy spell, please share! I love your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment