OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Super yummy salad dressing recipe

Hi everyone,
Gunter is still in Europe and life has been a bit nutty for me to say the least. To be honest, I'm loving spending time being mommy. I have been a cooking, cleaning, and being a full up mommy! OK truth is, I've been up till 12-1am getting work done too, but I figure I can make it on a little less sleep for a another week so I don't fall to far behind!
Although my workouts have not been structured I do have to say I'm getting my workouts in in unique ways. Today I put Jake in his Baby Ergo on my back and vacuumed, dusted, and picked up. He's only 21 lbs now, but wow, what a great workout. He was so happy and I we really had fun. When I took him off my back I couldn't believe how light I felt, I should have gone and run a few miles!!
So after I got done cleaning up, I got creative with the salad dressings and came up with a super yummy recipe for you. I thought it was a great add on to my last salad tip:)
Here it is, let me know what you think!
Strawberry-Balsamic Dressing
2/3 Cup sliced strawberries
14 Cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 shallot, chopped
2 Teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup water

Blend all ingredients until smooth. I love it on spinach or arugula with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and almond slivers

No comments:

Post a Comment