OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Saturday, May 14, 2011

On the run!

There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in my days!!! Gunter is in Europe for the next few weeks so I've been crazy solo mama and wow am I pooped! It's always good to be left to remind me how much he does around here to hold my wacky little life together! So today I'm sharing one of my super fast and easy meal tricks with you.
This tip will really help you avoid the drive thru and the 911 pizza call when life is too crazy to cook a healthy meal. I've been doing this for years and it comes in so handy.
Many grocery stores have soup and salad bars, but instead of getting the whole salad at the bar just fill up the container with a bunch of fresh toppings. Avoid the bacon bits (ok, just a few), croutons, pasta salads and other creamy stuff and stick with the all colorful veggies, chicken, and eggs.
Then go grab a bag of spinach or other mixed greens. When you get home toss it in a big bowl and there you have it, the perfect meal. No chopping, dicing, slicing, or buying 15 different ingredients. My last salad was HUGE and cost me $10. It could have easily feed four people.
Let me know what you guys think and stay away from the drive thrus!!!
PS-How crazy cute is my little guy, Jake in this video!?!

2 comments:

  1. He will be the best Chef that little man;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy cute! This is indeed a big time saver "no chopping, dicing, slicing or buying 15 different ingredients"!

    ReplyDelete