OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Who's on your team?

Hey Everyone!
What a nutty week I've had! I spent 3 days in San Francisco at the IHRSA trade show and it was awesome. The IHRSA is a trade show that displays all the latest and greatest in everything in the gym industry from equipment to software. I'm like a kid in Disneyland looking at all the amazing technology. Of course there are always a few things that I have to laugh about. For example, this years top silly product was a HUGE life size "horse" that looked like it was wrapped in a snuggie. It moved in the motion of a horse and was supposed to help tighten the core. Now I don't doubt that horseback riding tightens the core, but this suck was going for $15,000. I mean hello, buy a horse if you are going to spend 15K!! So silly!
The highlights of my trip brainstorming and chatting with the inventor of the Bosu and the Perfect Pushup. I love to hear their stories and am inspired to believe in my ideas and learning how to make them a reality. I've noticed one common trend of success is A GOOD TEAM. No one is good at everything so it's key to focus on what you are good at and find the best people that are good at what you aren't good at to fill in the blanks.
I got home late last night and headed out the door early this morning to go to a photo shoot. I was just going to help and support him as he was shooting with an amazing photographer that I really admire, Florian Schneider. As I watch him work I saw how amazing his team of assistants was. They all worked together so well and although it's Florian behind the magic, it's the power of the team all working together that makes him able to focus on what he does so well. It's really very simple, but something that so many people forget as we all try to conquer the world alone!
My question for all of you...Who's on your team? What do you struggle with and how can you find to teammates to help you fill in the gaps. In the end, we all enjoy what we are good at so if you need help, chances are there's someone out there that would love to help!
Here's a quick pic that I just snapped on my phone, but I have to brag about my handsome hubby a bit! He's my hero! Oh and yesterday was our 4 year anniversary:)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You are the perfect couple, lot's of inspiration to all of us..

    ReplyDelete