OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Secret Millionaire

I'm not sure if you all have seen the new show on ABC called The Secret Millionaire, but my friend James Malinchak was the secret millionaire this past Sunday. It is such an amazing feel good show that helps so many people that are doing such great things. If you haven't seen it, check it out, you will love it! (But have the tissues ready, it'll make ya cry)
http://abc.go.com/watch/secret-millionaire/SH5580166/VD55117876/james-malinchak-gary-in

James is not only a friend but also a mentor of mine. He's so down to earth, and such an amazing guy. I know it's not exactly fitness related, but I wanted to share four of the top tips he's taught me. These are all things that have really helped me grow and stay inspired to be the best "me"!

1. “Rich” does not equal money. Those that are truly “rich” are giving, caring, loving, and happy.

2. In order to grow and improve, you have to get comfortable being uncomfortable. For most, starting a new workouts and meal plans is a big lifestyle change, and it’s uncomfortable at first… but soon you begin to feel really good and see great results and the discomfort that you once felt all becomes worth the effort.

3. You need hope. America’s ‘hope tank’ sometimes hits empty and you need hope to move forward and be successful. I see so many new people in the blogs and in my emails that are hopeful and it’s really important that we all stay positive together and encourage and support each other as we go through this uncomfortable change to improve our health.

4. You need to be “present.” To get the most out of any situation or experience, you really need to be present in the moment. Whether it’s an experience with a loved one or a workout, be really focused and present in the moment.

These are such simple concepts to apply into our everyday lives yet we all need that little reminder. Do any of you have words of wisdom that you'd like to share? I'd love to hear your thoughts:)

1 comment:

  1. I try to "act is if," as in act as if I've been there before.. or done that before until I get comfortable. I do a lot of videos for marketing and I was so nervous as first, now I'll get in front of the camera any time, any where because I just became used to it. And even a few months ago when I was so nervous, NO ONE KNEW!

    ReplyDelete