OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Do you treat your car better then your body?


Hi Everyone!
I'm on the hunt for a new car! I'm not giving up my super fun Porsche, but Gunter and I need a "family" car so we are looking at SUV's. Oh the joy of car shopping!!! Blaaaaaa!!!! Anyhow, as we look at all the cars on the lots it occurred to me that most people treat their cars better then their bodies!
I mean think about it...when you don’t drive your car, you don’t need to put fuel in it, right? The same goes for your body. If you fill your gas tank when it’s already full it over flows. The same happens to your body, only the excess overflows in the form of stored fat. So think of your body as your fuel tank, don’t let it hit empty, don’t overflow it, and don’t fuel up just for fun!
Secondly, it seems everyone will put endless money into good tires, but yet I see so many people working out in cheap shoes! We can always buy new tires, but we only get one set of feet!
Or how about the guy that puts premium fuel in the his tank but fuels his body with candy and coke! People put the best oil in our cars, but then eat saturated or fried foods full or bad oils!
The best spark plugs for the car, but people drink chemical sugary drinks with crazy calories for energy. Gunter (my husband and I laughed all the way to the dealer as we came up with so many comparisons.
I just thought I'd share this random chain of thoughts!! If nothing else you'll get a good laugh and think twice before you buy a hotdog or a coke as you put premium fuel in the gas tank!!
Can any of you think of any other ways you treat your car better then your body? I have a speaking gig next month to a group of business men, I think they'd get a kick out of this line of thought!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more, and in fact I have done a post smiliar to this on my weight loss blog. It is so interesting how people put so much pride and energy into "things" that will be replaced many times over in a life, but so little pride and effort into their bodies... that will never be replaced!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete