OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Monday, February 14, 2011

Super unique shake ingredient

I've always been creative, but this one is on my top ten strange but great list (that's a new list, just made it up, but I like it!) So here is how the story goes. As you know, I'm a new mama and perhaps I'm just dilerious, but I have to share this tip with you because I think it's awesome!
I've been at a conference for the last 4 days and Gunter ate pretty much everything in the kitchen, so breakfast was a a total a challenge this morning. I was in one of my creative moods and so I got nutty with the blender. You won't believe the secret ingredient!
I was sure that it was going to be gross, but I'm a full up trainer and so I was looking for healthy over yummy. So, here's the mix I came up with, it was crazy good. You're going to have to try it when you see how strange it is, but I'm really serious, it's beyond health and no kidding, and tastes great! The measurements are a bit of a guess, I didn't measure it when I made it!

Kim's Crazy Healthy Shake!
1 1/2 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
1 Huge handful of fresh spinach
1 wedge of cantaloupe (it was frozen, I keep it in the freezer for shakes)
1/2 TBSP Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Fage Greek yogurt
1/2 Tbsp Agave syrup

and the secret ingredient...BABY FOOD! Yep, so check it out. It's Plum Baby Organics, 100% natural, no sugar added, unsalted. Totally organic, only 70 calories, 3 grams fiber, 16 grams carbs, and a great mix of fruit. The ingredients are pears, carrots, blueberries, purple carrot and lemon juice. Just squeeze on pack in and bend it all up.

*Beware! It looks a bit scary! It comes out green!

It's a great mix of protein, fruits and veggies too! I did the nutrition profile for you!
Calories 290 Protein 10 Carbs 40 Fat 9 Fiber 6



Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! My son (who's 14 months now) refuses baby food now and only wants to eat real food that he can pick up with his hand. This is a great way to use up those (expensive) organic jars of food!

    ReplyDelete