OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Calm before the storm!

This is the time of year when things slow down in prep for the mad ambition of the New Year! I used to hate this time of year because I didn't want to slow down, I always felt like I was losing momentum! But as I've gotten older, I've started to see this time as a little down time to gather my thoughts and put my goals on paper. Some how when you write down your goals they become real! So today I want to give you three tips for preparing for the most successful year of your life!
1. DREAM BIG! Don't be afraid of big goals. Stop fearing all the "what-ifs" and go for it! There will always be obstacles in life, but if there is a will there is a way!
2. Break down your big goals into smaller goals. It's tough to visualize your goals if they are too large. However when you break it down all the small goals make it really easy to visualize the larger goal.
3. Make a vision board. I'm really serious! Get out the markers, magazines, glue stick, and poster board. Invite some friends over and make a party out of it with some skinny margaritas! It's tough to stay motivated all the time, having a visual to keep you fired up is so important.

Enjoy a little R&R now because I'll be back "next year" with some great workout, nutrition, and motivational tips for you!
Have a happy, safe, and super fun New Year's Celebration! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment