OxygenD's Trainer Talk

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

UGH, that was me!

OK, so I know what you're thinking, "What does she know about feeling fat?" Well, believe it or not, it was my chunky state that lead me to being a trainer! As some of you may know, I had a baby 6 months ago and let's just say my "cover girl" body was thrashed. Well worth it of course, but none the less, it was hard to look in the mirror. I didn't fit into any of my clothes and being a well known trainer, I was feeling the pressure to get my buns back in shape asap. If you've had a baby, I'm sure you know the feeling and if you haven't, don't worry, there's a happy ending to the story!
So here I am about a month after Jake was born.
EKKS! Truth is I laughed when I was shooting this picture, and then cried on the way home. I knew I could lose the weight, but I really didn't know if I'd get my "pre-baby" body back. I'd love to say I loved getting back in shape, but to be honest, everything that I loved doing became hard. I was so out of shape and felt like I was starting all over again. 15 years of working out seemed to be gone in 10 months.
My point is, if I can do it, so can you! When I lost my motivation and felt like I wasn't going to do it alone, I called up 3 of my friends and we filled the calender with fun new classes and workouts. I even had a few days that I scheduled 2 workouts. The workouts were hard, but in the end, I felt so much better and my confidence was building while the pounds were dropping. I got back to my prebaby weight exactly 3 months after Jake was born. It took a bit longer to tone up and get my prebaby body back in about 5 months. Here's a picture of Gunter, Jake, and I on the beach last week while we were in Costa Rica.
Yep, those are abs you see peeking out by Jake's feet! Needless to say, I'll never take my fit self for granted ever again.
I wanted to share this with you so you know that you can do whatever you set your mind to and it's more then OK to reach out for help from friends and family. Don't wait til the new year to set your resolutions, plan ahead and get started!
What's stopping you from reaching your goals and who can help you?

6 comments:

  1. Truly amazing that you have transformed your body back to the fit body you had prior to having your beautiful baby!

    Will you provide a sample exercise plan for a beginner getting into shape? I set plans for myself and tend to do too much, then I get sick, and take a few months off again. I have not succeeded at any of my fitness goals- with true results in 7 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, you can do it Laura! Keep at it and don't give up, make 2011 your healthiest year ever! I'll be here to help keep you motivated:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I think many will agree with me in saying that you are such an inspiration and a genuine person. As an FTFL trainer too ;-) I have placed a lot of pressure on myself to reach and stay at my fitness goals. I have to admit that I was having a 'down day' today, then I came across this blog. Thank you for again helping me realize that with consistency and faith, I will achieve all my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, thanks for sharing this. Now I am pregnant and I love to train but now I can't do it. How many time I have to wait for returning to the gym after have a baby? Excuse me english is not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this Kim!! I'm 6 weeks post baby & thought my first place figure body was long gone. After seeing this I realize I'm so not alone & I can do it!!!!!! You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thank you Kim for this picture! At that point, I look like you ;-) But for me, no "baby excuse"
    Is there a video available (or on a Website) with the kind of exercices that YOU do?
    I have a dvd here but for biggest loser. I need to step it up a bit!
    Thank you for your inspiration and help!
    Nathalie Gervais (Québec, Canada)

    ReplyDelete